As I suspected, I’m still connecting the game logic to the inventory items. Not much more to say today, I’m afraid. But at least the game is starting to come together.
I finished hooking up the icons today, so now I’ve begun the process of connecting the game logic to the inventory items/icons.
I’ll likely be doing this for the next few days.
I’m still adding icons to the game. It’s a little time consuming, as I have to hook up the data to each icon, but thankfully it’s not hard.
The process of extracting the data from the SWF helped a lot.
I’ve begun adding the icons to the game and creating the data for each icon.
I found a tool that extracts the contents of a Flash file, and I was able to grab all the assets for Host Master and the Conquest of Humor.
This will make the process a LOT easier, as previously I was trying to do everything by capturing the screen and editing it in Photoshop, which was definitely not ideal.
I took a break from converting Host Master 1 to get back to A Host Master Carol for a bit.
I started working on some of the music. I’m not 100% happy with it yet, but it’s a start.
In the United States, today is Memorial Day. So, I didn’t do much since I spent the day at my sister’s house where she had a BBQ cookout. I got in the hot tub, got in the pool, and played with my nephews. It was a fun day.
That pretty much left only a little bit for coding, but I did manage to add some logic to Host Master 1, when Tim interacts with some objects.
I finished the walking animations for Tim, which weren’t too hard for this game.
I also added the game’s music. The beginning Y/N prompt will be able to be clicked, and likely will still be able to have keyboard inputs as well.
Right now, it just jumps into the game with the “sound card” music.
Today, I spent the day working on movement of the sprite for Host Master 1.
So far, I just have one single frame for the sprite so that I can just work on getting it to move correctly throughout the scene.
I’ll work on getting the walking frames in there later.
I’m working on getting the intro to Host Master 1 working.
It’s still running on the Dreamcat skeleton, so I’ll have to redo the look of the verbs, and for the GUI to match.
However, it’s coming along alright, and I’m getting back into the swing of Wintermute development while I’m working on it.