Sorry about the break in the project, I’ve been working some real world stuff, including some logistical stuff about this coding fund drive. But now that everything’s settled, I’ll be able to dig into things full speed.
Same as the past couple of days, I’ve been adding inventory logic to the game. It’s beginning to look more and more like a game.
As I suspected, I’m still connecting the game logic to the inventory items. Not much more to say today, I’m afraid. But at least the game is starting to come together.
I finished hooking up the icons today, so now I’ve begun the process of connecting the game logic to the inventory items/icons.
I’ll likely be doing this for the next few days.
I’m still adding icons to the game. It’s a little time consuming, as I have to hook up the data to each icon, but thankfully it’s not hard.
The process of extracting the data from the SWF helped a lot.
I’ve begun adding the icons to the game and creating the data for each icon.
I found a tool that extracts the contents of a Flash file, and I was able to grab all the assets for Host Master and the Conquest of Humor.
This will make the process a LOT easier, as previously I was trying to do everything by capturing the screen and editing it in Photoshop, which was definitely not ideal.
I took a break from converting Host Master 1 to get back to A Host Master Carol for a bit.
I started working on some of the music. I’m not 100% happy with it yet, but it’s a start.
In the United States, today is Memorial Day. So, I didn’t do much since I spent the day at my sister’s house where she had a BBQ cookout. I got in the hot tub, got in the pool, and played with my nephews. It was a fun day.
That pretty much left only a little bit for coding, but I did manage to add some logic to Host Master 1, when Tim interacts with some objects.