A Host Master Carol Doug the Ogre Projects Host Master and the Conquest of Humor Jenni Projects

Coding for COVID Fundraiser

Welcome to the Coding for COVID Fundraiser. My name is Jennifer McMurray. I’m a long-time adventure game fan and a community moderator at Double Fine Productions. I’ve been active in the video game industry in one form or another for almost 30 years.

Like many people, I’m currently at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic that’s gripping the world. Since I have a lot of free time and a ton of ideas, I wanted to bring those ideas to fruition while helping out with the coronavirus pandemic in my own small way.

So, I started the Coding for COVID fundraiser. 90% of all donations will be split up evenly among Doctors without Borders, Direct Relief, and Action Against Hunger. The remaining 10% will go to the West Elmira Computer Museum. The latter is my non-profit charitable organization through which this charity drive is being handled.

I will be coding video games during this campaign (as well as the art, music, etc). Everyone who donates at least $1 will get access to all the games, blog posts, and videos created during Coding for COVID.

I will be creating games based on my comics Jenni and Doug the Ogre. I am extremely grateful to have received permission from Double Fine Productions to create games using their intellectual property during this campaign as well. So, be sure to expect a few fun surprises along the way.

Coding for COVID is presented by the West Elmira Computers Museum, a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization, EIN 83-2343976. Your contributions may be tax-deductible.